03 亲朋好友
见了。你好吗,戴维?

  david: couldn't be better. and you?

  戴维:很好,你呢?

  shirley: not bad.

  雪莉:还不错。

  david: you are even more beautiful than when i last saw you half a year ago.

  戴维:半年没见,你变得更漂亮了。

  shirley: really? thank you.

  雪莉:是吗?谢谢。

  david: please have a sit. make yourself at home! what would you like to drink, coffee or tea?

  戴维:请坐。请随意,别拘束!你要喝点什么,咖啡还是茶?

  shirley: tea, please.

  雪莉:喝茶吧。

  david: i bought some “longjing tea” last week. why don't you have a taste?

  戴维:我上星期刚买了些龙井茶,你尝尝看。

  shirley: it's great. it has a nice aroma. thank you. what have you been doing for the past six months?

  雪莉:这可是好茶,闻起来特别香。谢谢。你这半年都干了些什么?

  david: i've changed my job and became a businessman.

  戴维:我换了工作,下海经商了。

  shirley: oh, is your business proceeding smoothly?

  雪莉:哦,生意还顺利吧?

  david: i met some difficulties at first, but now it has developed along the right track.

  戴维:刚起步时遇到了一些困难,现在已经步入正轨了。

  shirley: congratulations to you!

  雪莉:恭喜你呀!

  david: thank you.

  戴维:谢谢。

  notes

  1. have a taste 尝一尝

  2. aroma [?'r?um?] n. 浓香,香气

  3. proceed [pr?'si:d] v. 继续进行;开始,着手;进行,开展

  4. at firs 最初,起先,刚开始时

  5. track [tr?k] n. 轨道,跑道;踪迹,小路;v. 追踪,跟踪

  小贴士

  1. i'm sorry i didn't call first.

  对不起,来之前我没先打个电话。

  2. how nice of you toe!

  你能来太好了!

  也可以这样说:

  than