02 电话礼仪
p; 1. finance departmen 财务部

  2. dial ['dai?l] v. 拨号,打电话

  3. bother ['b?e?] v. 烦扰,使恼怒;使不安,费心

  小贴士

  1. i'm sorry, but we don't have anyone by that name here.

  对不起,我们这没这个人。

  也可以这样说:

  i'm sorry, but there is no one called susan here.

  2. oh, sorry to have disturbed you.

  哦,真对不起,打扰您了。

  3. i beg you pardon? mr. who?

  请再说一遍,你找谁?

  4. what number are you trying to dial?

  你要的电话是什么号码?

  也可以这样说:

  what number are you calling?

  5. will you check the number again, please?

  请您再核对一下电话号码好吗?

  6. i suggest you look in the phone book again.

  我建议您再查一下电话簿。

  7. are you sure you are dialing the right number?

  你确定你打的号码是对的吗?

  8. could you check the number for me, please?

  可否帮我核实一下这个号码?

  也可以这样说:

  could you test the number for me, please?

  无法接听电话

  dialogue

  steven meets some problems in his work, so he wants to ask for advice from susan. now he is giving susan a ring. but susan is not in.

  史蒂文在工作中遇到了一些问题,他想请教苏珊。现在他正在给苏珊打电话,但是苏珊不在办公室。

  steven: hello, may i speak to susan please?

  史蒂文:你好,请找一下苏珊好吗?

  a: i'm sorry, she is not in.

  a:对不起,她不在。

  steven: can you tell me how long she'll be back? i want toe to her for some advice about my work.

  史蒂文:能告诉我她多久会回来吗?我想向她请教一些工作方面的问题。

  a: sorry, i have no idea. she is on business trip at present. why don't you call her cell phone?

  a:抱歉,我不知道。�