02 聚会
 杰瑞:他当然来了。我们一起来的。

  john: why didn't ie across him? do you always keep in touch each other?

  约翰:我怎么没碰到他?你经常和他联系吗?

  jerry: we are in the samepany.

  杰瑞:我们在一家公司上班。

  john: oh, no wonder.

  约翰:哦,难怪。

  notes

  1. dedicated ['dedi?keitid] adj. 专注的,献身的;专用的

  2. bachelor ['b?t??l?] n. 单身汉;学士

  3. fling oneself upo 毅然投身于;奋力从事

  4. inveterate [in'vet?rit] adj. 根深蒂固的,成瘾的

  5. at all times 随时;总是,一直

  小贴士

  1. i'm looking forward to the 10-year college homing.

  我一直盼望着十周年的大学校友会。

  2. we often hold homing during the spring festival.

  我们经常在春节举行同学会。

  3. hi, haven't seen you for a long time.

  嗨,好久不见了。

  也可以这样说:

  hi, long time no see!

  4. what a surprise! you got married with maggie. you looked like enemies in high school.

  真没想到!你居然和麦琪结婚了。在高中时你们就像是仇人。

  5. the alumni association is great! i meet many college classmates that have lost contact long ago.

  校友会太棒了!我见到了很久以前就失去联系的大学同学。

  6. i hate to go to the school reunion, because i am in such a poor case.

  我讨厌参加同学会,因为我的处境是如此地狼狈。

  7. i almost forgot that today is our 20-year reunion.

  我差点忘了今天是我们的20周年的同学会。

  温馨浪漫婚礼

  dialogue

  it's the wedding of maggie.

  这是在麦琪的婚礼现场。

  maggie: hi, julie, sarah, i'm so glad you take part in our wedding.

  麦琪:嗨,朱莉、莎拉,真高兴你们来参加我们的婚礼。

  julie: you are really beautiful today. many congratulations on your happy marriage!