03 工作小摩擦
inish the plan on time.

  托尼:在这件事上你应该受到责备,但现在还不是追究责任的时候。我们必须抓紧时间重做预算。好了,抓紧时间干吧,我们要按时完成这个企划案。

  gordon: this time i promise to do my work without any mistakes.

  戈登:这次我保证不会出现任何错误。

  tony: keep your promise.

  托尼:希望你说到做到。

  notes

  1. accountant [?'kaunt?nt] n. 会计人员,会计师

  2. earnest ['?:nist] adj. 认真的;真诚的

  3. crucial ['kru:??l] adj. 决定性的,关键的

  4. postpone [p?ust'p?un] v. 延期,推迟

  5. ascertain [??s?'tein] v. 确定;查明,探知

  6. get a wiggle on 赶快,赶紧

  小贴士

  1. our boss is forward to criticize me.

  我们的老板动辄就批评我。

  2. you are free to criticize my work. i don't mind it.

  你可以随意批评我的工作,我不介意。

  3. he went off in a huff when the manager criticized his work.

  当经理批评他的工作时,他怒气冲冲地走了。

  4. homer sometimes nods.

  智者千虑,必有一失。

  5. our assistant was free from all blame for the mistakes.

  这些失误完全不能怪我的助手。

  6. it's my fault. i didn't hire enough hands for the work. i screwed up.

  是我的错,我雇的人手不够,我把事情给弄砸了。

  7. i'm sorry. i made a big mistake not hiring enough people on the crew last time.

  我很抱歉,上次我没招够人真是个大错误。

  8. oh, you're the guilty party.

  哦,是你的错。

  未按时完成工作

  dialogue

  the deadline ising, but owing to lack of enough hands, there would be one-week delay on finishing the project.

  工程就要到期了,可是由于人手不够,必须延期一周才能完成。

  manager: ok, let's get started. steven,we'll begin with reports on the school. is everything going smoothly?

  �