03 亲朋好友
  03 亲朋好友

  伟大的母爱

  dialogue

  tina's mother returns home after work as usual.

  蒂娜的妈妈像往常一样下班回家了。

  tina: mom, thank goodness, you're back at last!

  蒂娜:妈妈,谢天谢地,你终于回来了。

  mom: what's up, tina? does everything go well?

  妈妈:怎么了,蒂娜?一切都还好吗?

  tina: quite well, mom. don't you remember what day it is today?

  蒂娜:都很好,妈妈。您不记得今天是什么日子了吗?

  mom: let me think. your birthday? no, your birthday ising in next month. what special day is it today, honey?

  妈妈:让我想想。是你的生日?不是,你的生日在下个月。今天是什么特殊的日子,宝贝?

  tina: oh, mom. today is your birthday. didn't you remember it at all?

  蒂娜:噢,妈妈,今天是你的生日呀。你一点也不记得了?

  mom: oh, my god! ipletely forgot it.

  妈妈:哦,天哪!我完全忘了。

  tina: happy birthday, mom! here is my present for you.

  蒂娜:生日快乐,妈妈!这是给您的礼物。

  mom: thank you, honey.

  妈妈:谢谢你,宝贝。

  tina: mom, it's me who should say thanks. our family was in financial straits five years ago, so i wanted to find a job instead of going to university. but you insisted on affording me to put through university. you are a great mother. i love you so much.

  蒂娜:妈妈,应该是我说谢谢。我们家5年前经济陷入困境,我想出来工作不上大学了,但是你坚持供我读完大学。你是个伟大的妈妈。我好爱您。

  mom: i love you, too. i just thought that further education is the way to a better life at that time.

  妈妈:我也爱你。我那时只是想只有上大学才有出路。

  tina: thank you, mom. if i gave up my study, i wouldn't have made such outstanding achievements.

  蒂娜:谢谢你,妈妈。如果我那时辍学了,就不可能有现在的成就。

  mom: i'm so proud of you.

  妈妈:我很为你感到骄傲。

  notes

  1. strait [streit] n. 海峡;困境;adj