02 初来乍到
be afraid to ask for assistance.

  不要害怕向别人求助。

  8. whenever you are in trouble, you can call me for help.

  不管你什么时候遇到困难,你都可以找我帮忙。

  熟能生巧需磨练

  dialogue

  susan starts working in a firm. one day she meets some troubles and asks her colleage for help.

  苏珊开始在一家公司工作了。一天,她在工作中遇到了一些困难,于是就向同事寻求帮助。

  susan: excuse me, john. could you give me some advice on how to write a marketing survey report?

  苏珊:打扰一下,约翰。关于怎样写市场调查报告你能给我一些建议吗?

  john: have you made a marketing survey?

  约翰:你做市场调查了吗?

  susan: yes, ipleted it yesterday.

  苏珊:是的,我昨天完成的。

  john: how did you make it?

  约翰:以哪种方式做的调查?

  susan: i have adopted randomized sampling method and investigated in questionnaires of unity structure.

  苏珊:我随机抽取了统一结构的问卷。

  john: that's fine. have you summarized the sales figures and made your conclusions?

  约翰:很好。你已经总结出了销售数据并得出结论了吗?

  susan: oh, not yet. thank you for your tips. i still have a lot to learn about my work afterwards.

  苏珊:哦,还没有。多谢你的指点。在工作上,我以后还有很多要学习呢。

  john: well, practice makes perfect. don't worry about it. everyone needs some time to learn the ropes of a new job.

  约翰:熟能生巧。不用担心,每个人都需要时间才能熟悉自己的新工作。

  susan: thank you for your toleration and encouragement. i won't let you down.

  苏珊:谢谢你的包容和鼓励。我不会让你们失望的。

  john: i favor your performance.

  约翰:好好努力。

  notes

  1. survey report 调查报告

  2. randomize ['r?nd?maiz] v. 随意选择;随机化

  3. investigate [in'vestigeit] v. 调查,调查研究

  4. learn the ropes 熟悉工作

&